Does Your Teen Need Help Managing Their Anxiety Over The Holidays?
What is anxiety?
It’s completely normal to worry when things get hectic and complicated. Anxiety is a natural human reaction that involves mind and body. It serves an important basic survival function: Anxiety is an alarm system that is activated whenever a person perceives danger or threat.
Serious signs that your teen needs help managing their anxiety:
– Excessive worry that doesn’t go away
– Physical anxiety symptoms such as a rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, shaking, dizziness, sweating, an upset stomach, and dry mouth and restlessness
– Irritability or lack of patience – this is very often a sign that is dismissed because teens seem irritated a lot of the time.
– Difficulty concentrating
– Panic attacks – when you feel a complete loss of control
– Social withdrawal and isolation
– Changes in appetite
– Insomnia or excessive sleeping
– Lack of hygiene and self-care
How Can You Help Your Teen?
There are a number of ways you can help your child – and this ebook is packed with tons of useful information and practical advice that will equip you with the questions to ask and conversation to have with your teen to help them manage their holiday anxiety.
1. What is anxiety?
1. Normal anxiety
2. Anxiety disorder
2. What are the signs that holiday anxiety is serious?
3. What is the root cause of anxiety during the holidays?
4. How to talk to your teen about your own feelings
5. Don’t pressure your child to enjoy the holidays
6. Helping your child build a support network
7. Encouraging healthy habits and routines
8. Planning a distraction session with your teen
9. Thoughts your teenager might be having and ways to deal with them
10. Taking care of yourself as a parent
I’m a mom to a teen – I get it. It’s tough. Let’s walk the road together and help your teen in every way possible.
Do you remember what it was like to be a teenager? It’s overwhelming and confusing and I want to give you ALL the tools you can use to help your child navigate this road.
I’ve suffered with anxiety and depression since I was a teen and I wish I had these tools to help me when I first started feeling this way.
– Grab this 22 page ebook packed with helpful tips and practical advice to help your teenager manage holiday anxiety
– BONUS: 25-page anxiety journal with helpful prompts